Advanced Hand and Arm Treatments in Columbus, OH
For more than 25 years, our physicians and surgeons have been leaders in treating complex upper extremity and knee conditions through the use of the most medically-advanced techniques available.
While our physicians have extensive medical training, specifically in microsurgery of the hand and arm, we are also conservative when it comes to treatment. We are often able to leverage modern, innovative procedures that actually eliminate the need for surgery. No matter the course of treatment, we apply only the most proven techniques, based on close contact with peer physicians and studying the newest procedures. Our doctors combine experience with an eagerness to learn and a patient-centered approach that emphasizes appropriate, individualized treatment that leads to faster results and better outcomes.
For patients who have lost their thumb, we are able to perform a toe-to-thumb transplant, a complex procedure that involves using the patient’s big toe and attaching it to their hand. Our surgeons are trained to modify the thumb so that it is aesthetically pleasing. This is a life changing procedure for patients, restoring invaluable functions that were impossible before surgery.
Revision surgeries account for 50 percent of the surgeries we complete. Patients may seek revision surgery for a number of reasons, including the need to replace a failed implant or to enhance results from a previous surgery. We understand the complexity of treating such cases and welcome the opportunity to be a part of the solution.
Many of the procedures we offer can be done under light sedation and with a very small incision. These techniques can commonly be applied to wrist fractures, nerve surgery, arthritis surgery and more. By using minimally-invasive techniques, we often see less pain and a faster recovery for the patient.
Some additional advanced treatments we offer include:
- Endoscopic surgery for carpal tunnel and nerve compression syndromes
- Arthroscopy of the hand, elbow and wrist
- Traumatic and reconstructive microsurgery
- Tendon and nerve reconstruction and transfer
- Digit and body part reattachments
- Complex soft tissue reconstruction for salvage of severely injured fingers, wrist and elbow injuries
- Vascularized bone flaps for increased healing of severe and non-united fractures for all extremity bone injuries
- Innovative solutions for difficult problems trying to recreate the patient’s normal anatomy
- Arthroplasty for joint reconstruction or replacement
- Biologic shoulder replacement
- Collagenase for Dupuytren’s contracture, along with all other known treatments for the disease
WHAT IS A MICROSURGEON?
Microsurgery requires an immense amount of skill and training, as surgeons must use specialized operating microscopes and precision instruments to perform surgery on small structures, such as blood vessels and nerves. We currently have five surgeons on staff who specialize in this type of complex surgery and are nationally recognized for their microsurgery procedures
Contact us today at 614-262-4263 (HAND) to learn more about our innovative procedures or to schedule a consultation. You may also visit our Conditions page for information on specific conditions and available treatment options.